Early Childhood for Sustainable Development
Early childhood development (ECD) is the key to a full and productive life for a child and the sustainable development of any nation. According to research, intelligence potential is developed at the tender age of four. If managed well, it can be a crucial determinant factor on the intellectual capacity, emotional well-being and social behaviour of a child. About 250 million children under the age of 5 worldwide are failing to meet their development potential. Hence, there is a need to protect our children from violence, trauma and unsafe environments. This course focuses on Early Childhood Development and its role in achieving the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), drawing research from neurosciences, psychology, economics, sociology and anthropology.
Course Modules and Syllabus
- Introduction to Early Childhood Development for Sustainable Development
- Child Development: Prenatal to Age 3
- Physical Development
- Early Childhood Development Programs and Policies
- Communities and Situations of Conflict and Migration
- ECD and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- Students should be able to understand the growth of children during the physical, social, cognitive and emotional phase of development
- Students should be able to explain environment interactions and its influence on children’s growth and development
- Student should be able to explain the role of maternal health in early childhood development
- Students should be familiar with various policies and programs to support children's development and how these roles can be best implemented to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
One (1) Term = Three Weeks
Note: Two weeks on-site study and one week for project work.
A digital certificate of accomplishment endorsed by the instructors, and the institute will be awarded to students after completion of course. Students must attain an average score of 70% or more in exercises and examination. Any student that achieves over 90% will be awarded their certificate of accomplishment with distinction.
For technical support, additional information, queries on the course and certification contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our programs are very affordable. Our current tuition is N55, 000 per term.
There are a number of financial aid options available once you are admitted to the program.
- Get started. Browse each faculty for courses that align with your interest, passion or innate skills. Peruse the curriculum of the desired course and know the requirements.
- Apply to the program. Apply to your preferred choice of course through our online application system. Applications are opened all year round. You will receive further instructions on your application status and other necessary information for you to have a smooth process coming into the Green Institute.
- Continue your studies, online and on campus. Programs can be taken on-site, split-site or online. This option would be made available in the applications to suit the needs of students. Both forms of learning are designed to give students an excellent experience of their preferred course.
- Graduate with your NanoDegree. Students who have completed all the requirements for the courses they are registered for will be awarded the certificate of course completion which can be used in their future pursuits as a proof of their proficiency in the subject.